Our client is a long established consultancy, keen to further develop and expand their operations in SW England. As a result, they are looking to recruit a talented transport planner at Associate Director level to lead their growth in the region.
The successful candidate will have complete office and regional responsibility for business development, project delivery, staffing, and client liaison.
The existing office team work on a wide range of challenging projects, from residential regeneration schemes to town centre re-developments, retail and commercial developments, and small scale residential developments. In addition, the position will also span the planning and delivery of sustainable transport schemes.
The successful person will be degree qualified in a relevant subject, and ideally have achieved chartered status, although this is not essential. Significant experience though will have been gained in a development planning consultancy environment, with a sound knowledge of :-
(1) The provision of strategic advice to clients on development investment decisions and strategies, in relation to transport and other engineering factors
(2) Transport Assessments, Travel Plan formulation and delivery, and a good understanding of sustainability principles
(3) Management of projects and their delivery in line with time scales and quality standards
(4) Preparation of evidence for Appeal Inquiry and Examinations in Public
(5) Application of design guides and best practice for transport planning and traffic engineering
(6) Solid regional experience in business development and bid preparation
7) Good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to manage people and oversee projects effectively
(8) Commercial awareness, and the ability to financially manage projects.
It is also expected that candidates will have experience in staff / team mentoring, and a sound knowledge of relevant transportation software.
This is a senior appointment, and offers excellent future prospects to the ambitious person.
The basic salary is negotiable, with an excellent choice of flexible benefits offered in addition.
Interested, and would like to find out more? Then please email your CV to Peter Wills, or call him for a confidential chat on this and other opportunities that may be of interest to you. All contact / discussions are in complete confidence.
At Peter James & Partners we respect your privacy and take extraordinary care in the handling of your CV and other information we obtain from you. We will not send any of your details, nor approach our client on your behalf in respect of this vacancy, without discussing it with you first and obtaining your permission to do so.
All our services to candidates are FREE and completely CONFIDENTIAL.
+44 (0)1425 479 910
Please quote Ref. No. : PJP2745