Our client is an independent, expanding consultancy based in Devon. With the imminent award of a major overseas project, and a strong client base in the SW and Southern England, they are keen to appoint an Associate or Principal Transport Planner to join their development planning team.
The small team work on a wide range of challenging projects, from major residential regeneration schemes to town centre re-developments, retail and commercial developments, airports, and small scale residential developments. Whilst the vast majority of projects are in the UK private development sector, there will be some involvement with local authority clients.
The successful person will be degree qualified in a relevant subject, and ideally have achieved chartered status, although this is not essential. Significant experience though will have been gained in a development planning consultancy environment, with a sound knowledge of :-
(1) The provision of strategic advice to clients on development investment decisions and strategies, in relation to transport and other engineering factors
(2) Transport Assessments, Travel Plan formulation and delivery, and a good understanding of sustainability principles
(3) Management of projects and their delivery in line with time scales and quality standards
(4) Application of design guides and best practice for transport planning and traffic engineering
(5) Some experience in business development and bid preparation
(6) Good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to manage people and oversee projects effectively
(7) Commercial awareness, and the ability to financially manage projects.
A sound knowledge of relevant transportation software such as Junctions 9 (ARCADY, PICADY), LinSig, TRICS etc. is required.
This is a relatively senior, permanent staff appointment, and offers excellent future prospects for an ambitious person.
An attractive basic salary will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on the level of the appointment.
Interested, and want to find out more? Then please email your CV to Peter Wills and he'll contact you by return, or call him for a confidential chat on this and other opportunities that may be available to you. All contact / discussions are in complete confidence.
All our services to candidates are FREE and completely CONFIDENTIAL.
+44 (0)1425 479 910
Please quote Ref. No. : PJP2749